In 2016, when a woman has risen to the very top of a major political party for the first time in this nation’s history, there is no time better than now to recognize the unbelievable achievements women have made in the business sphere. These women have raised bars, broken barriers and inspired their peers – both female and male – to face all challenges head on and conquer their goals. The National Diversity Council is proud to honor 50 women who exemplify the best of today’s #StateofWomen in Texas.
Our criteria for Most Powerful Business Women in Texas are as follows:
- Top leader in her organization and profession
- Directly contributes to business growth or strategic direction of the organization
- Maintains a record of accomplishments in areas of expertise
- Effective role model who inspires other women and is active in mentoring the next generation of female professionals
- Operates with the highest integrity and ethical behavior
- Demonstrates a commitment to corporate citizenship